Are You Looking For a Car in Japan?
Some things you need to know. If you need a car in Japan you have several options. Rent, lease, or buy (assuming borrow and steal are off the table). Each has good points and bad, and each could be the right answer for your situation.
If you are like me, renting might be the best answer for you. I walk pretty much everywhere I go on a day to day basis, but sometimes I want to take a special trip that requires a car. You can rent one in Japan on an international driver’s license or Japanese driver’s license for between 5,000 and 10,000 yen per day for an average vehicle. When you consider that a trip to Osaka from Nagoya would cost at least 6000 per person round trip, you can see how economical, not to mention convenient, renting a car can be.
If you need a car with more regularity, renting would likely be more inconvenient and expensive than simply buying or leasing a vehicle to sit in your driveway all the time. Leasing a car from Lease Japan is simple and convenient, and unlike buying, does not require large upfront payments.
The Advantages of Leasing
· Lower Monthly Payments : As you only pay for the portion of the car that you actually use, your monthly payments will be 30%-60% lower than for a purchase loan of the same term.
· Lower Upfront Cash Outlay: Lease Japan requires no down payment, which makes getting into a new car more affordable.
· More Car, More Often (for new car leases) : Since your monthly payments are lower, you get more car for the same money and drive a brand new vehicle every two to four years, depending on the length of your leases.
· Fewer Maintenance Headaches : Most people like to lease for a term that coincides with the length, in months, of the manufacturer’s warranty coverage so that if something goes wrong with their car, it’s always covered. Lease Japan offers free 1/6/18/24 month maintenance checks on all our new cars.
· No Car-Selling Hassles : With leasing, the headaches of selling a used car are eliminated. When your lease ends, you simply return it back to the leasing company and walk away.
· ETC Card without the hassles of a Credit Card : If you lease a car with Lease Japan, we will supply you with an ETC card without the need for applying for a credit card.
· 24 Hour Emergency Help Line : When you lease a car from Lease Japan, you will automatically be eligible for our 24/7 English Help Line Assistance Service. If you have an accident or have any problems with the lease car, you will be able to contact one of our Native English speaking consultants for immediate assistance. We are there to assist with translating, contacting the police or road service, lodging all Insurance claims, organizing for the car to be collected and be repaired if necessary.
Leasing is the most popular option for expats here in Japan for a limited time. The paperwork is simpler, it costs less money, and there is no need to sell the car when you leave Japan. If you are here for a longer term, or would simply prefer to buy a car there are a few options you can explore. Lease Japan offers both new and used cars for sale, including cars from auctions all over Japan. Auction cars tend to be older and cheaper than cars purchased off a standard car lot, but if you are careful you can get some very good deals at them.
For a look at our selection of new, used, or auction cars for sale or lease, see the website and feel free to use the contact form if you have any questions about cars in Japan.